Wednesday, June 18, 2008

God is Good

So I got that assistantship. Two days after the interview, even though on the phone they'd told me that I wouldn't hear until at least mid-July.

And I was reminded again that my Father provides. Never exactly the way I plan it, but He still provides...abundantly, immeasurably more. :)

I was bored this afternoon and found myself reading some blogs. One of them blew me away. Check it out --> audreycaroline.blogspot.com. If I could summarize Angie's posts in one paragraph, it would be this: in the kingdom of God, there is no such thing as a Plan B. Sure, I find myself coming up with a Plan B nearly every day, from those little daily occurrences to big life dreams. But I am a child of the Sovereign and Almighty God who numbered my days from before I was born and knows the number of hairs on my head. If my Plan A falls apart, it doesn't mean that God is up there wringing His hands and saying, "Oh no! How did this happen? What are we going to do now?" Instead, it means that my plan was never part of God's plan. He doesn't have a Plan B because He doesn't need it. The Lord's purpose prevails. Whatever He decrees will come about.

When you think about it that way, I guess God doesn't have a Plan A either. To call it "Plan A" implies some degree of uncertainty, since one should only use "A" if subsequent amendments known as "B", "C", etc, are bound to follow. Even the word plan is no good - the word itself suggests that no one's really sure what's happening, what will happen, or what should be done about it.

And so I choose to rest in knowing that what my God has ordained will come to pass. He shall perfect that which concerns me.

No comments: