Monday, April 6, 2009

And Can It Be, That I Should Gain...?

I wish I could remember to update this more often. I wish I had the time to sit and really ponder this wondrous thing known as redemption. Just as it was two months ago, the word is ever before me, and I hope that its reality is taking hold of my heart.

I wrote this on Friday. I think once I heard someone say something similar, but the poem, sans the first stanza, is my own. This is the Good News as far as I understand it (and when it has to rhyme).

Humpty Dumpty's Restoration

Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall
Humpty Dumpty had a great fall
All the King's horses and all the King's men
Couldn't put Humpty together again.

They cried for poor Humpty, lying there on the ground
There was nothing to do so they all turned around
"But wait!" shouted Humpty, "there is still one more thing -
I was told when I fall I should call on the King!"

The King heard the clamor and came out to see
What on earth the commotion might be
He took one look at Humpty, knew all had gone wrong
He lifted his hands and silenced the throng

He knelt down beside him and stretched out his hand

Whispering in Humpty's ear the things He had planned

And then with one word the King made Humpty whole,

Placed him back on the wall, with a new heart and soul.

While all other may look and see a cracked, patched-up jar
The King looks at Humpty seeing past all the scars
He smiles at him and says, "All will be well."
Because when the King looks at Humpty, it's as if he never fell.




No comments: