Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Tasty Tuesday

Several of the blogs I read are participating in "Tasty Tuesdays" this summer.  I don't have too many recipes that I use enough to call my own, but I figured I'd post for a few weeks anyway.

With that said, I present to you Creamy Blueberry Pie.  My mom made it a few weeks ago when we had a bunch of friends over for dinner and I followed her lead last week when making dessert for a luncheon at work.  (I also made Turtle Cheesecake - that recipe will be for next week!)

***Before copying the recipe, I do want to mention that it is important to use fresh blueberries, not frozen.  When my mom made this, she used frozen and the pie was a little runny so we had to serve it in bowls.  I used fresh and it turned out perfectly.***

Ingredients:
1-9inch refrigerated pie crust
3 cups blueberries
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup butter

Directions: Combine 1 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, and salt. Add eggs and sour cream.  Place blueberries in pie shell.  Pour cream mixture over berries.  Combine 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup flour.  Cut in butter until mixture resembles a coarse meal.  Sprinkly on top of pie.

Bake at 350 for 50-55 minutes or until lightly browned.

Enjoy!

No comments: