Sunday, January 3, 2016

Sunday Song: Out of Hiding

My dad introduced me to this song while I was home for Christmas.  It's absolutely beautiful and goes along well with what I am currently studying: the concept of shame.

I'm slowly working my way through Shame Interrupted: How God Lifts the Pain of Worthlessness & Rejection by Edward T. Welch...and this week happened upon the Fall and Jesus' first miracle in my Scripture reading.  I never thought about the role of shame in turning water into wine and it is an altogether beautiful picture that I plan to share in the coming days.  I'm still studying the idea -- I don't want to post something that is entirely off- base theologically.

So here's the song, with the lyrics in the video.

Oh, as you run,
what hindered love
will only become
part of the story...

No comments: