Wednesday, December 9, 2009

O Come, O Come, Emmanuel

...and ransom captive Israel...

That song makes me cry. Every. Single. Time.

So if you are coming to the concerts this weekend, I apologize. I'll be the one tearing up in the second row.

But if you happen to look up at me during our rendition of "We Three Kings" a little later in the program, you will witness a full-out sobfest during the last verse. Seriously.

One of my goals for this blog was to record those moments of wonder. This song, the last verse in particular, with the orchestration of our arrangement, makes me want to bow on my knees and raise my hands to heaven. It overwhelms me every time.

Glorious now behold Him arise
King and God and Sacrifice
Alleluia, Alleluia
Earth to heaven replies
Star of Wonder, Star of light
Star with royal beauty bright
Westward leading, still proceeding
Guide us to Thy perfect light.




[More from Crazy Love coming soon...]

No comments: