Thursday, July 15, 2010

Show Us Your Life


I originally posted this in Kelly's first SUYL Singles but I've updated and I'm trying again :)

I feel so strange doing this, but really, why not?  I have been reading Kelly's Korner for a long time but I've never participated in one of her "Show Us Your Life" posts.

While this entire blog will tell you about me, here's a short bio.  I'm Allison, turning 26 in a week, and I live in Lexington, VA, just two blocks away from Stonewall Jackson's old house.  I've lived here for a year and a half and I work as a school counselor at a local high school.

I am the oldest of five kids, four girls and one lonely boy, and I love spending time with my family.  I grew up in Blacksburg, VA, so I am a huge Virginia Tech sports fan, but Clemson is growing on me because my sister goes there now.  I played volleyball and basketball in high school and in college (intramural).  I also love to sing (my dad is a worship leader), hike, camp....you name it.

Most importantly, I love the Lord and hope to spend my whole life making Him known.  That desire led me to attend a Christian college, Grove City College, in Pennsylvania, so that I could take as many classes about Christianity and the Bible as I could.  I love teaching others about God's Word.  I became a school counselor for two main reasons - I have a passion for high school students (especially girls) and wanted to be "where they are" and I wanted to be able to have summers off so that I could do ministry.  So far I have gone on mission trips to Mexico, Belize, South Africa, and Taiwan.

What kind of man am I looking for?  Well, I have an incredible father so I tend to be picky, but a heart for God is number one.  I guess there are a lot of qualities that most girls want - smart, funny, athletic, but most importantly, I want someone dependable, trustworthy, and able to accomplish his goals.  An adventurous spirit and a love of travel don't hurt, either :)

Here are some pictures of me.

With my college roommates - I'm on the far right


With all of my siblings (reverse age order...again on the far right)

Sisters (far right...hmmm I should change it up)

This time I'm on the left! I don't always dress like that - our sorority was performing in Greek Sing

4 comments:

Chris said...

Just an easy going guy from NW Arkansas. I enjoy spending time with friends and family. I also love being outside and being active. I believe in treating "my girl" as a queen. My joy comes from knowing that she is happy. I lead a bible study on a weekly basis for a group in my singles department and love it!

You have a very beautiful smile and your eyes light up the room! I wouldn't mind learning more if you wouldn't!

Sarah said...

Hi Allison! I know I just "meet" you about three minutes ago,but I have to say how excited I am for you that *someone* already left you a comment! I know God will work everything out for you better than you could imagine! :)

Dr. Francey Pants said...

Hi Allison,

My name is Chris. I am interested in getting to know you. Check out my blog http://dtbcf.blogspot.com/. Hope to hear from you soon.

Matt said...

Allison,

My name is Matt. My friend Katie told me about Kelly's Korner and I saw your SUYL post there. I live in Hampton, VA, work at NASA, and love music and laughing. I'd be interested in getting to know you better.

Check out my facebook for pictures and email my if you'd be interested in talking further.

http://www.facebook.com/matthew.aaron.simon

samnomis@gmail.com

Hope to hear from you.

Matt