Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Tasty Tuesday: Salsa Chicken

I actually don't really have a name for this, but it's good.  A friend served me this several years ago, and I've been making (and adapting it) ever since.

Here's the recipe, but understand that you can add whatever you want to this and it will be good.

Ingredients:
1-2 pounds frozen chicken breasts
1 24oz jar of Pace picante sauce (I use medium)
1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can of corn, drained
4-8 oz cream cheese

**The pictures here show that I also added a can of Pinto beans....like I said, do whatever you want.



Directions:
Add chicken, beans, corn, and Picante sauce to a slow cooker.  Cook on low for about 8 hours.  About 30 minutes before dinner, shred chicken and add cream cheese.  After half an hour, stir and serve.

This time I just ate it like soup, but you can do it however you want.  Add shredded cheddar, avocado, and sour cream...serve over rice....scoop up with tortilla chips.....easy and versatile! :)

Also, did anybody know that celery looks like this when you cut the stalks off the bunch? So cool!

No comments: