Sunday, November 1, 2015

Sunday Song: Thanksgiving #1

Here I am....November 1.

It's the first day in a month that I don't "have to" blog, but it's almost become habit and I want to keep going.

I won't write about truth every day anymore, but I don't want to forsake it completely, either.  I enjoyed the Sunday Song posts because music has always been one of the biggest influences in my life.

I plan to continue the Sunday Song series at least through the end of 2015. The months of November and December lend themselves easily to this.  In the weeks leading about to Thanksgiving, I will share songs that cultivate thankfulness.  In December my focus will turn to Advent in preparation for Christmas.  Please join me.

Today's song is one I've known my whole life.  It must be over thirty years old.  I clearly remember sitting on the floor of our house group while my dad led the group in worship.  I couldn't have been more than four years old.  I had recently recovered from pneumonia and while the adults around me sang this song, I realized for the first time that I had something to thank God for.  He'd healed me.  I remember feeling elated and finally part of the "club" although I still didn't know what it meant.

Let the weak say, "I am strong"
Let the poor say, "I am rich"
Because of what the Lord has done for us
Give thanks...



No comments: