Saturday, October 10, 2015

To Love The Truth Day 10: Our Future Home


Yesterday I shared some of the truth about our new condition once we've believed in Christ for our salvation.  Today I'll be talking about what our salvation says about the truth of our future.  

It is bright, y'all.

We got a hint of it a few days ago in Romans: "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Jesus Christ our Lord."

Life.  Eternal Life.

Many have written far more eloquently than I possibly could about what this never-ending life after death. I don't know what this home will look like or what exactly we will do, but I am certain of a few things.

1) Jesus is there and we will see Him.

John 14:2 "In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am."

2) It will be the fulfillment of everything we've ever hoped for.

Revelation 7:16-17 "Never again will they hunger; never again will they thirst. The sun will not beat upon them, nor any scorching heat. For the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepherd; he will lead them to springs of living water. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes."

3) Jesus will be there and that is enough.

2 Corinthian 5:6-8 "Therefore we are always confident and know that as long as we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord. We live by faith, no by sight. We are confident, I say, and would prefer to be away from the body and at home with the Lord."


Well I don't know if there are harps in heaven
Or the process for earning your wings
And I don't know of bright lights at the end of tunnels
Or any of these things
But I know to be absent from this body
Is to be present with the Lord
And from what I know of Him, that must be very good.
(Sara Groves)

Haste thee on from grace to glory
Armed by faith and winged by prayer
Heaven's eternal days before thee
God's own hand shall guide us there.
Soon shall close thy earthly mission
Soon shall end thy pilgrim days
Hope shall change to glad fruition
Faith to sight and prayer to praise.

And so we shall always be with the Lord. Therefore comfort one another with these words.

1 comment:

Vilhelm man said...

A great weekend to you!