Thursday, October 15, 2015

To Love the Truth Day 15: I am Rich


This is not about money.  When I say I am rich, I am talking about so much more than wealth. And not at all about wealth.  To echo what Jen Hatmaker wrote so wisely in For the Love, if the Christian "Truth" you're presented with isn't true for the homeless single mother in Haiti, IT ISN'T TRUE.

And if the Christian homeless single mother in Haiti is rich in Christ, it has nothing to do with money.

John 10:10 "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."

Jesus came to give us abundant life -- a rich life!

"The Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him." Romans 10:12

So what is this rich blessing?  Paul tells us in his letter to the church in Ephesus.

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ. For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to  be holy and blameless in his sight. In love he predestined us for adoption to sonship through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will -- to the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves. In him we have redemption though his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace that he lavished on us."

I am a child of the King. The God of all riches.  And he blesses me richly - with life, peace, hope, joy, family....

We are richly blessed.

I'm going to end today with the lyrics to a song I've had on repeat for a while.

Everything is Mine in You
Everything is mine in You 
Even when my heart is breaking 
Everything is mine in You 
Even when my hands are empty 
Everything is mine in You 
Oh, in You 
Everything is mine in You 
I can trust You with my longing 
Everything is mine in You 
Even though the road is lonely 
Everything is mine in You 
Oh, in You 
‘Cause You are, master over all 
And You say, You are my inheritance 
And in You, I have everything I need 
And You are, seated in the heavenlies 
And You say, forever You’re my hiding place 
And in You, I have everything I need 
Everything is mine in You 
And I know my future’s bright 
Everything is mine in You 
Past or present, death and life 
Everything is mine in You 
Oh, in You 
Against all hope 
Help me hope 
Against all fear 
Draw me near 
Against all hope 
I will hope 
Against all fear 
I will draw near 
I am drawing near to You, Lord.



No comments: