Wednesday, October 21, 2015

To Love the Truth Day 21: He Delights in Me


A lot of times before we can love the truth and walk in truth, we must acknowledge and confront the lies we so often believe.  Lies we think are the truth.  Lies that can easily destroy.

Here's one lie I believed for a long time: God doesn't like me.

Sure, He loves me.  Sure, He sent His Son to die for me.  But like me? Not a chance.  Somehow I was sure that He barely tolerated me.  That I annoyed Him.  That when I asked Him for something, He'd roll His eyes and say, "For crying out loud, Allison! I already gave you eternal life! Would you shut up and quit whining and leave me alone?"

I tiptoed around Him for years....desperate to make myself more lovable but with every year feeling more and more ugly and undesirable.

Enough is enough.  There have even been days in the last month that I've started living according to that lie.

And so I must tell myself the Truth over and over.

Psalm 18:19 "He brought me out into a spacious place; he rescued me because he delighted in me"

He delights in me.  He doesn't tolerate me.  He doesn't "just" love me.  He delights in me.

Let's define that word, shall we?  To delight is to please someone greatly. I please Him greatly?!?!  To delight is to take pleasure in.  I bring Him pleasure.  Synonyms include: to charm, to enchant, to captivate, to thrill....

Can it be?  I charm Him. He finds me charming.  He's captivated by me.  I thrill Him.  He finds me enchanting.

Wow.

This truth is sometimes almost too wonderful to even believe.  The King of the Universe, the Creator of all things is wowed by ME.

Surely I am precious.  "You like me! You really like me!"

If I believe His words are truth, these words must be also.

Zephaniah 3:17 "The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing."

I bring Him great joy.  He smiles when He thinks of me.  And He thinks of me often.

Oh, to live every day as if I loved the whole Truth!

No comments: