Monday, October 19, 2015

To Love the Truth Day 19: I have nothing to fear


I am a worrier at heart. I find myself thinking about all the things that could go wrong and play "what would happen if" scenarios in my head all the time.  I suppose you could reframe it and say I am always prepared, but the root of my worry is fear.  What if I can't handle this? What if I find myself alone? What if God can't even handle this?

The Truth is that as a daughter of the King, I have nothing to fear.

"Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?....No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Take a look at that list again.  It includes everything we could possibly fear.  Paul says in all these things, we do not have to fear because God's love is bigger and stronger.  We live in His love.  And John tells us, "There is no fear in love."

We have nothing left to fear.

Even death.  Death plants us even more securely in His love because suddenly we are with Him and see Him forever.

Paul went so far to call death a rescue -- something to be welcomed, not dreaded.

"The Lord will rescue me from every evil attack and will bring me safely to his heavenly kingdom."

And so we remain, in His love, with Him as our refuge, with nothing to fear.



No comments: