Saturday, October 31, 2015

What I Learned in October & a Long-Overdue Reading Update

Another month has come and gone!

Today I am linking up with Emily P. Freeman's "What We Learned" series.

Here's some of what I've learned in October.

1. I can do anything for a month.
I just finished my first successful "Write 31 Days" challenge. I didn't write the most beautiful posts, but I set a goal and accomplished it.  I'm hoping this means I can translate it to the next 30 day challenge I've set for myself -- No SPEND November starts tomorrow!
2. My mom knows me well.
She introduced me to my new favorite game app -- Word Bubbles.  She told me I would love it....and I do :)
3. Fitbits can be great accountability tools.
In my September post I mentioned I need accountability in order to be successful, especially when it comes to healthy eating and fitness.  I got a Fitbit about 5 weeks ago and it's really helped me step it up in terms of exercise (pun totally intended).  My favorite feature are the friend challenges - I don't need to win them, but it helps to have encouragement and a little competition.  We're all in this together.

And for what I've read in the past two months:

Salvage the Bones by Jesmyn Ward
The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh
Luckiest Girl Alive by Jessica Knoll
A Million Little Ways: Uncovering the Art You Were Made to Live by Emily Freeman
Why Not Me? by Mindy Kaling
Orange is the New Black by Piper Kerman
The Heart Led Leader by Tommy Spaulding

Clearly my reading has slowed a bit now that I am in this principal training program, but this still makes 80 books for the year.  
 
 

No comments: