Friday, October 9, 2015

To Love the Truth Day 8: So What?


Given this very great Truth -- Jesus came to us, for us, died and rose again -- what are we supposed to do?  We've heard the Truth.  We understand the Truth.  We know what the Truth is.  

Now we must believe the Truth.  To believe it is to love it.  

Romans 10:9-10 -- "If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved."

(A quick sidebar: if it's starting to feel like the only book of the Bible I'm familiar with is Romans, it's sort of true. It just so happens that my Read the Bible in a year plan has me in Romans the first half of October.  It's been helpful.)

Once we've been told the Truth, we are to believe it.  And once we believe it, we are saved. Forgiven. Redeemed.  

So simple and yet so hard.


For me, it's often easier to believe this big Truth than the "smaller" ones that come as a result.  I know God loves me and gave His Son's life for me, but I doubt that He actually likes me.  It's that kind of thing that we will spend the rest of the month savoring.


(and yes, it is October 9 and I am writing Day 8. I forgot yesterday until I was already in bed. now to write #9)

No comments: